This week, greatest cameos.
1. Steve Martin in The Muppet Movie: “Would you like to smell the bottle cap?
2. Dustin Diamond in Made: “Did you just let… Screech in the club?”
3. David Bowie in Zoolander: “If nobody has any objections, I believe I might be of service.”
4. Bruce Springsteen in High Fidelity.
5. David Bowie (again) in Extras: “Pathetic little fat man/ no one’s bloody laughing”
1. Sean Penn in Being John Malkovich
2. Charleton Heston in Wayne’s World 2
3. Glenn Close in Hook
4. Peter Jackson in Hot Fuzz (he was the man with the knife dressed as Father Christmas)
5. Bill Murray in Zombieland
1. Danny Glover in Maverick: “I’m gettin ‘ too old for this s***.”
2. Alfred Hitchcock in The Birds
3. Patrick Stewart in Robin Hood: Men in Tights “From this day forth, all the toilets in the kingdom shall be known as…johns!”
4. Bono on The Simpsons “Hold on people! This man’s talking about waste management. That affects the whole damn planet!”
1. Bill Murray as The American in The Limits of Control
2. Philip Seymour Hoffman as the Mattress Man in Punch Drunk Love
3. Werner Herzog as The Zec in Jack Reacher
4. Anjelica Huston as Patricia in The Darjeeling Limited
5. Tilda Swinton as Social Services in The Moonrise Kingdom
1-5: Stan Lee in Marvel movies
But in perfect seriousness:
1. Samuel L. Jackson in Iron Man – The harbinger of the age of Marvel.
2. Charlie Sheen in Being John Malkovich – No quote included because they’re all offensive.
3. Bruce Campbell in Spider-Man 2 – “Shoelace!”
4. Sid in Toy Story 3
5. Billy Dee Williams in The LEGO Movie – “This might be the right galaxy after all, because I see a heavenly body.”
Honorable mention: Alfred Hitchcock’s cameo in Rope has to be one of his most ingenious.