- byTimothy Lawrence
- 8 years ago
- 1 Comment
This week, top five cinematic shopping scenes. Barry Egan buying pudding in Punch Drunk Love was a given.
- The Dude post-dating a check for .69 in The Big Lebowski
- Shigeru shopping for Apollo Choco in Nobody Knows
- Supermarket Banjo Fight Scene in Zombieland
- Robert Neville renting movies in I Am Legend
- Uncle Owen buying droids in Star Wars
- Juliette – lonely, quiet, sad – shops for clothes in a French department store: 2 or 3 Things I Know About Her (1967)
- Norma Desmond purchases new suits for Joe Gillis: Sunset Boulevard (1950)
- McLovin tries to buy booze but gets suckered punched: Superbad (2007)
- Anthony, Dignan, and Bob buy a hand gun from a private seller: Bottle Rocket (1996)
- Mira loans her fiance, Orfeu, money to buy her an engagement ring: Black Orpheus (1959)
Brian notes: Rem, I almost listed Daniel Plainview acquiring new land in There Will Be Blood. Almost. But talk about a shopping spree.
- Tuco selects a gun in “The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly”
- Anton Chigurh proposes a coin toss at a gas station in “No Country For Old Men”
- Scottie takes Julie shopping for clothes in “Vertigo”
- Marina and Nick dance around a supermarket in “To the Wonder”
- Nicholas Angel leads a police assault on the supermarket in “Hot Fuzz”
Jon Paul Pope:
- Survivors discover an abandoned grocery store, 28 Days Later.
- Charlie and Linus shop for a Christmas tree, A Charlie Brown Christmas.
- Father attempts to buy “I Just Called to Say I Love You” for his daughter’s birthday, High Fidelity.
- Bruce Willis finds the perfect weapon in a pawn shop, Pulp Fiction.
- Lloyd Christmas uses the last of the money to get “the bare essentials,” Dumb and Dumber.
Remy Wilkins remarks: “WHY DON”T I OWN THIS?!!”
- Stanley Tucci takes Anne Hathaway for an emergency shopping spree, The Devil Wears Prada
- Nicholas Cage goes suit shopping, The Family Man
- Viktor Navorski buys a Whopper with quarters, The Terminal
- Buddy in the mall, Elf
- Julia Roberts snubs a snobby clothing shop, Pretty Woman
Nate Douglas :
- Batman shops for spelunking gear—Batman Begins
- “Be better than the Gap”—Crazy, Stupid, Love
- William buys cereal—The Hurt Locker
- Kevin at the grocery store checkout—Home Alone
- George Banks removes the superfluous buns—Father of the Bride
- Joe Banks buys luggage in Joe Vs The Volcano.
- Phil Parma orders some magazines from The Pink Dot in Magnolia.
- Kermit buys a 1946 Ford Woodie for $11.95 from Milton Berle in The Muppet Movie.
- The Dude and Walter try to buy “a modesty priced receptacle” for Donny in The Big Lebowski.
- Pretty much all of Brewster’s Millions.
remy wins this round, handily.